Must have accessories?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must have accessories?

Hi, I just traded an SKS, a M44, and $140 for a Mini 14 with a scope, so far I really like it. I was wondering what accessories everyone here would recommend. I'm looking for anything that will improve performance, or is just plain handy. I already bought a bipod for it. I found something on the internet called a recoil buffer, supposedly will prevent wear, does anyone have one, is it worth looking into?

The first thing I would do is get several factory 20 rnd mags. They are around 30 bucks apiece but are worth every penny.

I've heard the recoil buffer is great but have not tried it yet. Also an adjustable gas block might be worth looking into.

There are always flash hiders and barrel shrouds and I personally like the UltiMak scope mount.

Just do a search on google. You'll find tons of stuff.

Comment

That sounds like a good list to me.

Mags, Ammo, flash hider. Either an adjustable gas block or a smaller gas bushing will lighten the slap of the action.
      Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
      more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
      - - - - -
      Airplane Pictures
      Cranky Labs Image Repository
      A Human Right
      Oleg Volk Photography
      - - - - -
      I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Thanks, so far I already have a Factory 5 rnd mag, a 10 rnd mag from Scheel's (Should be decent I think) and an aftermarket 30 that doesn't have a name on it. So far the 30 has worked fine, but I haven't had the chance to put enough rounds through it to give it a decent test.

I think I'll go ahead and order a recoil buffer and look into as adjustable gas block.

Thanks guys, any more advice would be appreciated.

Comment

http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/i...9d&showforum=8

Don't forget a trigger job.

[ July 07, 2005, 20:13: Message edited by: Not so Clever ]

Comment

Check out this site.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/mi...cessories.html

This is some nice stuff. The "tuneable" gas block is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Have Fun!

Comment

Yes, I have been trying to find someone that has purchased that adj gas block to find out if it is worth it.

Did you get one rugerfan?

Comment

No but I think I'm going to. My Ranch rifle throws brass into the next zip code. I've been thinking of buying several things from those people at Accuracy Systems.

I really don't see how you could go wrong! If you get one first, how bout fillin me in on what you think. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X