Passed on a folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed on a folder

I just passed up the folder I always wanted. a mid. 80's blued side folder. I always wanted a ruger side folder but couldn't find one, then yesterday my dealer called me with a trade in... He wanted 999.00 I just can't afford that amount for a mini, was I wrong for passing it up?

"the 2nd. Amend. is the original homeland security"

I don't think so. I looked for years for my stainless factory folder and they were all $950 to $1,250. Finally found mine a few months ago for $750. Couldn't believe it. Keep looking. Blued ones seem to go for a little less than stainless. Don't know if you'll ever find one for less than $750 (think mine was partially luck), but I think you can beat 1K.

Comment

JMHO, 1k is too much for a mini 14 regardless of how bad you want it.

I happened to find one two weeks after I started hunting and paid $785.00; Everybody at the show wanted it but I was the only one who could come up with the cash (I had to do some serious budget "realignment" to swing it though).

Keep on looking (sometimes that's half the fun), if you keep at it you'll eventually find what you're looking for.

It took me 14 years to find a book and almost 20 to find a song I liked.

Comment

found a folder!!! I should have it in a couple of weeks. then I'll tell the story...once it's in my possession.

"the 2nd. Amend. is the original homeland security"

Comment

Working...
        X