This may be sanctimonious

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may be sanctimonious

I have a Mini-14 with SN;181 starting, just wondering, can anyone recommend a good barrel for varmint, say Prarie dogs and god forbid a good sporterized carbon stock. No rocks(thrown) please. I normally shoot Model 99 Savages and want to set my Mini up to vaporize Prarie Dogs. Thanks, Les

Of all the Mini's, the 180 & 181 series seemed to be the most accurate & consistient shooters. Instead of sinking a lot of cash into something with unknown results, consider a Ruger M-77 or any bolt gun in .22-250. Drive a 52 gr HP at hyper velocities & the results are simply a red mist where the p-dog once stood. Below center hits usually result in dramatic tissue explosion followed by raining dog chunks - when done right, it flips them up in the air about 20 feet. Heed maximum velocity limits stated on the bullet mfgr's box...

Comment

Got a Savage in 22-250, looking to use my mini alot more for the wife. She seems to really like it, but I want to get it to be half as accurate as my 110, I know it will be a task. The 110 shoots 1 inch groups at 150 yards. Les

Comment

I just bought a Savage 12FV in .223. Later this year I'm going to get a 16" Varmint Upper from Model 1 Sales for my AR Lower. Then I can shoot either bolt or semiauto depending on my needs. I can't justify a Mini 14 as much as I would like one. I'm going to chronograph my .223/5.56mm from the 26" and 16" barrels respectively, to see what the difference is.

Comment

I really enjoy shooting my Mini, so I want to set it up for varmint for my wife. I know she likes it as much as I do. Now to just set it up for some hardcore varminting. Guess I will just have to make my stock out of maple and use the original hardware seeing as no one can tell me where I can find what I am looking for. No big deal, just trying to find the easy way out. Didn' want to have to work to hard . Oh well. Now lets see some favorite red mist loads for the 5.56. Les

Comment

Here is a place you can find some hi speed mini stocks. I hope this helps. Sorry, I hope I'm not to late.

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/mi...cessories.html

Comment

I've seen replacement heavy barrels... I just can't recall where.

Hmmm... Here are some ideas:
              http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/ru...ni_prices.html
              http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/m14.htm

and if you go to www.brownells.com and search on "mini-14 barrel" there are a few options.
              Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
              more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
              - - - - -
              Airplane Pictures
              Cranky Labs Image Repository
              A Human Right
              Oleg Volk Photography
              - - - - -
              I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help. Me think sub-MOA would be nice, I can do most of the work myself, have all the proper tools. Les

Comment

Working...
                X