ejection malfunction need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ejection malfunction need help!

Just got in from shooting my mini 30 and sks, used the same wolf ammo I use in every 762.39 gun I own. The problem is the mini 30 (which has performed well with this same ammo for the past few weeks) is suddenly allergic to this ammo! my spent casings were only dropping onthe ground in front of me, if they ejected at all! my mini 14 has never had this problem (in fact it throws them to far!). could this be a gas problem? the sks did just fine with the same batch of ammo.

"the 2nd. Amend. is the original homeland security"

Check the bolts on your gas block.
    Make sure the block has not shifted.

Is the bolt still slamming back as hard as it has? Check the extractor & it's tension.
    Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
    more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
    - - - - -
    Airplane Pictures
    Cranky Labs Image Repository
    A Human Right
    Oleg Volk Photography
    - - - - -
    I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

I took the gas block off the barrel last night, every thing looked fine. the bolt wasn't even coming back on some of the shots. I also checked the chamber, and this was ok too. I thought maybe the chamber was dirty and the case was sticking, but not so. I field stripped cleaned and returned to the range today and it's still not ejecting. Today I used three different mags. (factory 5 rd. 20rnd. and 30rnd. the same problem with all the mags, so it has to be the gun.

Comment

It sounds like the gas port in the block may be blocked.

If that's not the case then I'm thinking a trip back home to take advantage of that nice warranty.
        Killing for the sake of honor is no longer allowed in our decadent society
        more\'s the pity, as it would greatly improve manners.
        - - - - -
        Airplane Pictures
        Cranky Labs Image Repository
        A Human Right
        Oleg Volk Photography
        - - - - -
        I\'m Amish Bill, and I approved this message.

Comment

Did you try any other ammo in it since this happened?

Just thinking your gun may have a chamber on the tight side and may be this ammo is a bit on the large side.

Comment

Yes I did change ammo, and the same result! I am going to take the gas block off one more time, check it completely, if it still is being testy, then it gets a vacation back home to rugerville. Thanx for all your help!!! I love being a member here!

Comment

Working...
            X