Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG:

I've had this rifle for 22 years. Choate E-2 stock, old Federal Ordnance front sight/flash suppressor, SKS sling. The Ramline magazine is just for show, I haven't had good experiences with those. With the slightest bump on a magazine out of the rifle, they barf rounds all over the place. :mad: I guess the feed lips are too flexible.
      Nice rifle and great camo scheme. What kind of paint did you use?

RE the Ramline "combo" mags - yes, they suck! They're supposed to work with the Mini-14, AR-15 and AR-180. I don't know about the AR-180, but mine NEVER worked right in my AR's and Mini-14! Even when returned to the factory (lifetime warranty), the ones I got as replacements sucked just as bad!

I think you called it correctly, and Ramline should change the name to "Barf Mags".

[ April 15, 2005, 04:41: Message edited by: KDOG's Domain ]

Comment

Just your standard stainless Mini. I've had it since 99. I cut and crowned the barrel then added the Choate FH/sights. This front sight is much better than the standard one. I've noticed on the new production Minis, Ruger has dropped the standard model and only has the Ranch rifles now. They also have different updated(better?) sights front and rear.

Comment

KDOG'S, Thanks. The paint is Krylon Camouflage spray paint, available at WalMart and Military Exchanges.
          Mike

Comment

Message edited by GunnFixr because idiots are not allowed to post on AssaultWeb

[ May 02, 2005, 19:56: Message edited by: GunnFixr ]

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG:
              KDOG'S, Thanks. The paint is Krylon Camouflage spray paint, available at WalMart and Military Exchanges.
              Mike
              Mike - Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X