DSA Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSA Questions

So Just watched MAC, he noted issues with his newer rifle, is this typical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdtio4h6h9E
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

Depends on when DSA made it. At one time DSA made a really good product. As time went along though their quality started going down. This was because of a couple of things. First was the running out of real surplus parts. This caused them to start making their own or farming them out. Either way though the QUALITY of the parts went down. Then you have the problem of them trying to be all things to all people as they went from just making FALs to them trying to build quality RPD's, ARs and so on and so on........

I have a friend though that has a real problem with one of their RPD's. They do not either know how to fix it or care to fix it right........take it for what it is worth.

So I would say older stuff, good. Newer stuff, you pay your money and you take you chance. Also customer service seems to be going down. Maybe the amount of stuff they are getting back for repairs though.

Comment

I think the FAL is pretty much dead anyway. Get a G-3 from PTR and save a lot of $$.
      How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Shark View Post
        I think the FAL is pretty much dead anyway. Get a G-3 from PTR and save a lot of $$.
        Only problem is the G-3 was only adopted by 7-10 countries. The M-14 by 2 countries. Best of all the FAL was adopted and used by over 90 countries. There fore the FAL has a MUCH larger availability of spare parts and magazines. FAL is also MUCH easier to clean and maintain in the field.

I have used the M-14 and the FAL in combat and know they work WELL. I also worked for H&K selling and demonstrating weapons to LEO and Military all over the world.

After all that I feel comfortable saying if I was going into combat again, it would be with a Para model FAL. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Not sure where you came up with the G-3 adopted by 7-10 countries stuff. That's not accurate. More importantly though, the G-3 is still manufactured in several countries, still used by several large armies and PTR makes most of the parts here for a reasonable price. Not saying DSA doesn't do the same for the FAL, but I just think parts availability is a non-starter, especially given that the FAL wasn't used by the USA, so it's not like there are a bunch of parts in CONUS (true for the G-3 too). If you want cheap parts, get an AR-10 from DPMS.
          How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

Working...
          X