Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday deals do matter

http://imgur.com/WVqvr6o
    Home of the SHTF 50 .50 BMG AR upper conversion, SHF R50 .50 BMG rifle and KEG12 AOW shotguns.

Re: Black Friday deals do matter

Heck of a deal. If I didn't already have one of your mag fed ones I would buy it!

Comment

I always have trouble navigating those links, but if i saw what I think I saw, that looks like a good deal. Paid waaay more than that for a Barrett, and I am sure some of it was for the name only.
      Guido

Comment

Originally posted by Cuznguido View Post
        I always have trouble navigating those links, but if i saw what I think I saw, that looks like a good deal. Paid waaay more than that for a Barrett, and I am sure some of it was for the name only.
        Having helped design the Barrett and shot BOTH of them, you will find the Safety Harbor MORE accurate. Their muzzle brake works better also.

Comment

Thank you. That is some serious food for thought. Better muzzle brake? In terms of recoil reduction or noise?
          Guido

Comment

Originally posted by Cuznguido View Post
            Thank you. That is some serious food for thought. Better muzzle brake? In terms of recoil reduction or noise?
            Recoil reduction. Only a suppressor helps with a 50's noise.

Mine on a AR aluminum lower is like shooting a high brass 12 guage with buckshot. When I add a 20 round AR mag filled with lead, the Wife and Daughter shoots it.

Comment

Do you have a suppressor on yours? I was thinking that the Barrett is recommended to never use a suppressor. Quite frankly I think the noise is the single biggest negative to shooting a 50. Relative cost of ammo is not considered by me to be a negative since I knew that going in, and I knew it would be loud of course, but if I thought a suppressor was safe on one, I would seriously consider that, even if I had to get another one to use it on. Thanks for dealing with my goofy questions.
              Guido

Comment

No questions are goofy. The reason the suppressor is not recommended on the Barrett is it is 'recoil operated' and a suppressor changes the gas pattern used. You have to realize the Barrett is nothing more than a scaled up Browning Auto 5 (hump back) shotgun. It was designed one night when 7 friends were sitting in the local Holiday Inn lounge one night after a gun show, and YES we were having adult beverages. LOL

Yes I have fired 50's with cans, but I do not own one. Do not have anything Class 3 anymore.

50's fired with cans by me.

1. A McMillian
                2. A Serbu-Bolt action Haven't got to shoot their semi auto yet.
                3. A Griffin
                4. A Pauza-Basically a scaled up FAL
                5. A Safety Harbor

On ALL of them they had their muzzle brakes removed and a can threaded on. I have never tried any that allowed a can to be used over a brake.

One option if you are shooting on your own range is to construct a 'baffle' to shoot thru. This can be made with a few old tires lined up with insulation in them retained in place with fine screen wire.

Nothing is attached to the gun, so technically it is not a silencer, but it works like one. About 6 to 8 tires usually does it.

Comment

Thought I had heard everything at least once. I do have a private range and I will try that tire trick just because it sounds cool. Thanks for everything.
                  Guido

Comment

Stick the end of your barrel in to at least the second tire to be effective. Also know that the muzzle blast in the confined area does stir up every particle of dirt and dust. Thus the reason for fine screen wire, and make sure the tires are secured well to one another. The tunnel I shot thru had the tires bolted together on two sides alternating side on each tire. It also had heavier wire retaining the fine screen wire.

Friend had his on a rack so that the muzzle was centered in the central hole when shooting off a bench. Said for ground height to be centered and comfortable the tires needed be partially buried in a dug out trench. He was using 6 tires, but with plans to go to ten tires to be really effective.

Have fun with your Christmas project.

Hawk

Comment

Won't a supressor change the POA too?

I didn't know .50's were class three.
                      Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Walther View Post
                        Won't a supressor change the POA too?

Not necessarily.

I didn't know .50's were class three.
                        Not that I am aware off, with the exception of the M2 Machine Gun.

Any weapon over .50 is considered a DD (Destructive Device) and therefor requires a stamp.
                        "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
                        http://survivalblog.com
                        MOLON LABE!
                        AC0XV

Comment

Guns not a class 3, but ALL cans are.

Comment

Working...
                          X