watching CNBC with the problems with Remington 700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watching CNBC with the problems with Remington 700

Was watching CNBC with the Remington 700 trigger and safety issues! according to the documenty, remington deny that the 700 have a manufacturer defect on their trigger/safety on some of the rifles! wonder what the forums thinks about this ??

they even interview the designer of the rifle which states that the design needed a small fix on the trigger to make it better!

DaveC

Re: watching CNBC with the problems with Remington 700

I've never had a problem with either the trigger or the safety on all the ones I have played with. The only problem I ever had with them was TWO of the BS extractors that broke on me on clean guns here in the states on the range. That was the main reason I refused to carry one in combat and carried the M-21 or a pre 64 Winchester.

Comment

After watching the last 3/4 part of the show, the main problem with the firearm was the guy that pinted a loaded rifle at his child and expected the weapon to be the "safe" part.

Comment

My uncle shot the oil filter off his truck when he engaged the safety while the barrel was next to my foot. The gun will fire when the safety is engaged

Comment

I've seen two that would do this. Both had been tinkered on by someone not understanding the basic need for their being enough sear engagement left to prevent rifle going off on its own. The bottom line is the 700 is EXACTLY the same as any firearm, watch where you point the dang thing so you don't kill someone.
          "some people never let their given word interfere if something they want comes along"
          The real problem with the world are laws preventing culling.

Comment

Working...
          X