Knife fighting or Tool comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knife fighting or Tool comments

IF you find yourself into a hand to hand knife fight you have failed miserably in your planning and engagement strategy.

I was never required to engage in that style of fight simply because stealth was better than brawling.

That said...
    IF I were going back into that world where face to face conflict was a possiblity I would probably drag this blade with me.
    https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CS8...os-Double-Edge

Out of curiosity I picked one up and with little work the edge became razor sharp and the whole ergonomics of the thing just work and for not a lot of money.

I especially like the hand protection for striking like brass knuckles and the skull crusher at the butt. This is not a finesse tool but something for causing serious destruction of tissue and organs if used with vigor.
    AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
    God carries a 1911.
    Just another day towards 20...

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock View Post
      I have to ask what the "This" is?

I can see holes drilled into the handle and assume it can be used to fasten to a stick to make an axe or hoe possibly a spear?

it seems to be functional and I for one haven't seen a tool like "This".
      EOD Robotics Pry bar. They have a ground edge for prying, but its not sharp.

Sold ONLY by County Comm
      https://countycomm.com/collections/t...s-breacher-bar

Sheath
      https://countycomm.com/products/kyde...d-breacher-bar

Mount for the sheath
      https://countycomm.com/products/tek-lok-with-hardware

After all this you can then google it and see what people do to theirs.
      I keep mine on my plate carrier.

BISHOP
      The rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way...

Comment

HERE It is..
        Cold Steel Chaos.

I took it out to work out the blade after I bought it, cutting rope and brush etc. There are better "bush knives"
        BUT
        This is really not the intended purpose for such a tool.

This is for up close and personal work and bush survival is not number one on the list (you could do worse in the woods but), but survival is.

AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
        God carries a 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by LAWCOP View Post
          HERE It is..
          Cold Steel Chaos.

I took it out to work out the blade after I bought it, cutting rope and brush etc. There are better "bush knives"
          BUT

This is for up close and personal work and bush survival is not number one on the list (you could do worse in the woods but), but survival is.

I'd like it better if the D Guard did not have that center divider... I DO find the cruciform spike variant of the Chaos Dagger to be interesting andam considering one myself.
          Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Originally posted by LAWCOP View Post
            HERE It is..
            Cold Steel Chaos.

BUT

Wicked tool, I read up some on the product from Midway and its high carbon steel which is what I like. The "Skull Crusher" feature will it work on auto glass for an emergency egress tool? (I couldn't find anything about its specific usages)
            Call me John the all knowing cryptic of the obvious and obscure.

Comment

I worked as a street cops for years, trust me on this... EITHER end of that thing will take out auto glass along with the "knuckles".

You can actually take out side windows with your keys if you can hold them tight enough.
              All you have to do is break the tension on the skin of the glass and the glass will do the rest. That is why most of us carried spring loaded center punches as belt equipment. Break the tension and the whole thing goes.
              God carries a 1911.

Comment

Would it be possible to dremel out that divider bar in the D guard-the one that divides your grip -without weakening the construction? I'd prefer NOT having that bar between my middle and ring finger,and I suspect that grip change transitions would be smoother and surer under stress.
                Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
                  Would it be possible to dremel out that divider bar in the D guard-the one that divides your grip -without weakening the construction? I'd prefer NOT having that bar between my middle and ring finger,and I suspect that grip change transitions would be smoother and surer under stress.
                  THere is a lot of stock in the grip so if you thought it necessary you could probably remove the center post without too much weakening of the guard. (I just went and grabbed it to take a better look. It is in my hand right now)

I actually think you would have a stronger grip on it and have more support leaving it in place as it keeps your fingers from collapsing down onto each other in a hard strike, but that is just my thinking.

I have a pretty big hand and I usually have to build out grips on knives I get with paracord to get the size/feel that is filling and comfortable. The Chaos fits fairly well. It could have a little more swell in the grip but I can live with it the way it is. The handle is aluminum so what strength is left after milling/cutting the center I have no clue but as I said it is a fairly substantial piece of metal.

The sheath is fairly secure and swings both ways...(Rt or LFT with just a few screws) but it is a little noisy on the pull unless you take it very slow since it is formed plastic of some kind. THe sheath loop itself is also both velcro and snap so you don't have to take a bunch of things on and off the belt to get it on.

Along with the other loops on the sheath if you can't find a place for it you have bigger problems than whether or not the grip needs to be opened up.
                  God carries a 1911.

Comment

Working...
                  X