Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You might want to wait on those fancy copper slugs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might want to wait on those fancy copper slugs.

It would seem that OATH ammunition has something of a problem going with their Quality Control.

Apparently those super-duper copper slugs that cost $6 and change per round are not going off reliably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1dArlmetc
    Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Re: You might want to wait on those fancy copper slugs.

$6 to $7 something per round and that many squib/fails? I have a hard enough time with the cost of these rounds, combine that with the failures and the poor accuracy/tumbling no way I would purchase these. To top it off, the typical Remington/Winchester/S&B/Hornady 12g slugs work quite reliably and at a much cheaper price point.
    "SI *VIS *PACEM, *PARA *BELLUM"
    http://survivalblog.com
    MOLON LABE!
    AC0XV

Comment

Originally posted by Papadoc View Post
      $6 to $7 something per round and that many squib/fails? I have a hard enough time with the cost of these rounds, combine that with the failures and the poor accuracy/tumbling no way I would purchase these. To top it off, the typical Remington/Winchester/S&B/Hornady 12g slugs work quite reliably and at a much cheaper price point.
      I agree...When I first heard about them I thought it was an interesting concept. I'm going to keep a watch on them and see if the reliability improves and the cost comes down. I don't expect the price to be anywhere near reasonable though!

Comment

Useless crap anyway.

Centurian Buck and Ball. I can only find it at JGSales. Basically, turns your shotgun into a 72 caliber musket. Take dat.

Still expensive at a dollar a shot, but a lot better than 6 dollars a shot....
        How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

Working...
        X