Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saw this coming a mile away.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • saw this coming a mile away.

    Got an E-mail from one of my reps that he will not go for new restrictions. Talk in DC is new limitations will be coming down on gun owners.

    I gather the new congress will take up these restrictions since the old republican controlled congress had success with Trump's bump stock ban. At risk are stabilizing braces and guns that fall into the category of AOW's. I expect all of the people whom purchased the 14" AOW's will have to register for the 200$ tax stamp and have a background check because they will be deemed short barreled shotguns. As to the PDW's they will be identified as SBR's with or without the stabilizing braces.

    Sorry to break it to you.
    Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Harlock View Post
    Got an E-mail from one of my reps that he will not go for new restrictions. Talk in DC is new limitations will be coming down on gun owners.

    I gather the new congress will take up these restrictions since the old republican controlled congress had success with Trump's bump stock ban. At risk are stabilizing braces and guns that fall into the category of AOW's. I expect all of the people whom purchased the 14" AOW's will have to register for the 200$ tax stamp and have a background check because they will be deemed short barreled shotguns. As to the PDW's they will be identified as SBR's with or without the stabilizing braces.

    Sorry to break it to you.
    Your facts are off. Congress never passed a bump stock ban, that was Trump's executive order. The Senate is still GOP controlled. Nothing is going to pass for two years. After that, I dunno. I haven't seen any move against PDWs though. This is the first I've heard of it. The ban in Florida on bump stocks did not cover such weapons.
    How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

    Comment


    • #3
      I think you misunderstood. Congress will take up new measures and I suspect if it sounds good Trump will probably sign off on it. Please note Congress was embolden by Trump when he acted outside of the legal areas for passing laws. Congress didn't ban bump stocks it was Trump, I said so in the second line. Trump also said he would sign any anti gun legislation that Diane Fineswine put on his desk.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A5-ikLYPzg
      Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Harlock View Post
        I think you misunderstood. Congress will take up new measures and I suspect if it sounds good Trump will probably sign off on it. Please note Congress was embolden by Trump when he acted outside of the legal areas for passing laws. Congress didn't ban bump stocks it was Trump, I said so in the second line. Trump also said he would sign any anti gun legislation that Diane Fineswine put on his desk.

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A5-ikLYPzg
        I think you don't understand how Congress works. The Republicans control the Senate. To pass something in the Senate you need at least 60 votes to overcome the filibuster. Anti-Gun legislation isn't going to pass. Stop stirring up stuff, even if its your job.
        How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Southern Shark View Post

          I think you don't understand how Congress works. The Republicans control the Senate. To pass something in the Senate you need at least 60 votes to overcome the filibuster. Anti-Gun legislation isn't going to pass. Stop stirring up stuff, even if its your job.
          I don't think you understand the threats. I am not trying to stir things up this is happening.

          Well then just sit back. Senate is running S42 right now and that means every firearm you have will be registered at a cost of $20. Every firearm sold same thing, you cannot trade or gift a firearm to a family member all guns including home made and "Ghost Guns" will be tracked.

          Dianne Feinswine just got her bill to the house floor, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019.

          Bans 205 firearms by name, any firearm that accepts a removable magazine. any gun that has military style, no pistol grips (includes all pistols even revolvers), no forward grip, no shrouds or heat shields, no folding, or telescopic stocks, guns with internal magazines are high capacity if they hold 10 rounds,

          I'm just telling you guys this is what my rep warned me about and he said that he wouldn't go against the second amendment but to spread the word because others in the House will. Turns out there is stuff in the senate as well so you are under direct assault.
          Call me John, just an old man with opinions.

          Comment

          Working...
          X