Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone here answer a few questions for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone here answer a few questions for me?

Hi guys,I just liberated a nice H&R M1 from my favorite shop & now I need ammo a bayonet & a sling.I know you have to meet certain requirements to buy a rifle from the CMP but what about ammo & other accessories?What are the rules for buying this stuff?Thanks,Mick/NSS.
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Re: Can someone here answer a few questions for me?

Nevermind,finally found what I needed to know on their website.That site is not put together well IMO.I'm gonna fax them my info this week sometime & then order away.
    If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not racist, you’ll have to find someone else to vote for in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.

Comment

Nothing like buying an eeevil weapon of mass destruction from da goobermint!

Now, you must make the hajj and journey to Camp Perry and Anniston, the holy sites of our religion!

Comment

I'm definitely thinking about making the "pilgrimage" to Camp Perry.If I could tie it to a trip to Cedar Point,my GF might not bust my chops about it.
        Campy,I couldn't find any info on the CMP's website about limits for ammo purchases.Is there a yearly limit?

Comment

AFAIK there is no current limit on ammunition purchases except the number of zeros in your bank account!

Comment

Thanks Campy.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPYBOB View Post
              Nothing like buying an eeevil weapon of mass destruction from da goobermint!

Now, you must make the hajj and journey to Camp Perry and Anniston, the holy sites of our religion!

Well, the problem was I could buy TEN Mosin Nagants for the price of ONE CMP Garand. At least you could before you know who got elected, then re-elected.

That said I have 12 MN's, but still have 2 CMP Garands, because they are usually priced way lower on Garands then a Garand is in the civilian market.

Comment

Fineswine's new ban list is going to eliminate the Garand and M1 Carbine!

The very same rifles the government has legally and profitably sold to us for decades!!!

Comment

You expect logical decisions from the government?

I gave up that idea years ago. ::

Comment

Teddy Roosevelt is pegging the tachometer...

Comment

Originally posted by CAMPYBOB View Post
                      Teddy Roosevelt is pegging the tachometer...

TR was like the last REALLY good president we have ever had!

Could you imagine HIM trying to get guns banned?

Comment

Originally posted by gandog56 View Post
                        TR was like the last REALLY good president we have ever had!

Could you imagine HIM trying to get guns banned?
                        Off topic, but yes, I could Teddy banning firearms. He'd have outlawed the .25 Auto, and the .32 handguns, and the .223 rifle as being underpowered and "un-manly".

Were I to be elected President by some accident of nature, I'd probably do the same. Or not..... I'm probably too much of a (small "L") libertarian to do that. But I can see Teddy doing it, if he only knew some things.....

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

I wonder what caliber he was shot with in the assassination attempt on him in Milwaukee?

Comment

Working...
                          X