Opinions on Atlantic Firearms Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Atlantic Firearms Company

I saw some real good deals and know when a deal is too good to be true it probably isn't. Does anybody have any experience with the company and or the product sold? Scootch00 had some reviews of AK's and the only outlet I could find for a "Polytech" or Norinco was their business. They had way too many products and it made me wonder. I also couldn't help but notice they had to "Upgrade" their security so I'm wondering if they had a breach and how confidential they are with purchase records.
    Call me John the all knowing cryptic of the obvious and obscure.

Have never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Swanson View Post
      Have never heard of them.
      No more so have I.

They may be great, but I'll offer my caveat about such things. "When the deal is awesome and you don't know anything about the people offering it, on an item that can be screwed up beyond belief by an incompetent supplier? Think long and hard."

Yeah. You might save $100 or so over a "name brand", but when it proves to be only marginally functional, what did you actually save? You want to find some idiot like me and get them to test drive one first, 'cause if it proves to be a jam-a-matic, I'll say bad things and go on going on. It's not going to be something I got because it was going to be my first or even second or third line weapon.

I'm all about "inexpensive", but that can cross the line into the area of "cheap" quite readily. "Inexpensive" is good, but "Cheap" is bad when one is buying firearms. Shipping the sucker back to them once or twice to get it fixed will cost more than buying decent quality in the first place.

Having noted all that, I again emphasize that I've never had any dealings or experience with them. They may be fine, but normally, when you go "low end", you get what you pay for, and perhaps not even that. Let me handle and shoot one for a half-hour and I'll be way more informed, but I wouldn't buy one off the shelf without that introduction first.

I'll note that they have some decent brands for sale, but they don't seem to be any more than competitive on their prices on those. You buy Century or the knock off brands, you pays your money and takes your chances. Note that I've had some really decent Century firearms, but I've also had some that were complete smoking craters.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

They have been around a long time, Im honestly surprised you say they have some deals - they usually run on the high,or even expensive end.

But other then that, never heard of a negative experience, they have excellent customer service.

Comment

Thanks. I will check into more reviews. They were the only ones that had a politically correct AK but it is the right manufacturer. Internals chrome lined, spring loaded firing pin, double claw trigger, heavy extractor. Stamped n dimpled receiver with solid rivets. Downers no cleaning rod, plastic furniture, no bayonet lug and welded end cap thread. I thought the price was high but it's still cheaper than low budget AR's so I needed to make up my mind. Everyone's comments are what I was thinking, I just didn't want the bait and switch or pay first then we ship it to you (i.e. they don't have a product but purchase if paid taking the markup up front without inventory costs) I have seen that and 99% of the time there are delays in shipping if they can even get the firearms. I did notice "No Refunds and restocking fees they also have a 15 day disclaimer" I'm not in a hurry and while I think if that is what they do it won't bother me as long as I get what was paid for and always get the truth from them.

Comment

They are a reputable company even if they never have anything I want when I have the money for it.

It has happened three times now that what I want is in stock when I'm only a month or two away from a purchase and the day I'm ready to buy they are out of stock with no restock date.

Pisses me off.
            Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Excellent company. The Polish WBP builds rock . I aeriserio want to get one of their Lynx Pistol builds...rear trunnion is an obvious SBR candidate.
              Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

It has a good reputation, but as far as I know, it's just a store. It sells stuff made by other people. If you buy an IWI Galil from them, I'm sure it will be great. If you buy a Bubba's AK from them... well ya get what ya order.....
                How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

I shouldn't have waited because their Polytech's are all gone. They were just stamped receivers and politically correct but had the pedigree and internals that are desired. There will be other options from other vendors to be sure.

The only review I came across confirmed that their website or hosting location had been compromised this is why they are asking people whom have purchased in the past to reset their passwords. Fraudulent credit card charges but nothing big, just small time stuff.

Thanks for the input, I will have to keep an eye out for future deals and act faster.

Comment

Yes, their stuff goes fast. Possibly because they don't order enough of it.
                    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

Working...
                    X