Notre Dame Engulfed In Flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame Engulfed In Flames

Stunning Images Show France's Historic Notre Dame Cathedral Engulfed In Flames
    Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

How terrible! I have visited that cathedral several times, most recently in 2015. My photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/871255...7656508958616/.

flashguy
    When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Judging by the staging around the building, I'll bet some idiot worker left his welder's torch in a bad spot.
      Media vita in morte sumus

Comment

Tragic.
        Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Supposedly just one more in about 50 Catholic Churches vandalized in the recent past so suspect it wan's an accident. And the suspects might be ????

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBob View Post
            Supposedly just one more in about 50 Catholic Churches vandalized in the recent past so suspect it wan's an accident. And the suspects might be ????
            It's way too early to start making that kind of assumption.

The whole "careless worker" thing makes sense to me. That particular worker may have been named Jean Claude, or he may have been named Muhammed. Time will tell.

I'm keeping my options open at this point.
            Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Yep work place violence.
              I was bored shooting 50 bmg rifles so I bought a 20mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Devil View Post
                Judging by the staging around the building, I'll bet some idiot worker left his welder's torch in a bad spot.
                There were no construction workers on site and the cathedral was closed according French officials.

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1117883209222508544

And although I don't watch or listen to Glenn Beck I'll have to give him kudos on getting this one right in 2015:

March 16, 2015:

Because of what is happening, I believe London, France, Germany, Greece, I believe these things could be destroyed in what is coming and especially because remember who you’re fighting against. You’re fighting against Islamic extremists. The places that they will target will be places like the Cathedral of Notre Dame. You could go back to France in 15 years from now, and it might be free. It might not be. It might be free, but the Cathedral of Notre Dame may be gone.
                And this from Beitbart:

Twelve French Churches Attacked, Vandalized in One Week

Comment

Notre Dame is tough, it survived 7(?) Crusades, the razing and looting during the French Revolution and two World Wars.

Comment

And the gold cross over the altar is still there, untouched.
                    When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Comment

I had always thought Notre Dame was back east somewhere where most of the ivy league schools were. This is the first I'd heard of it.
                      Grumpy Old Fart http://www.assaultweb.net/forums/cor...emlins/050.gif

Comment

Originally posted by noname762 View Post
                        I had always thought Notre Dame was back east somewhere where most of the ivy league schools were. This is the first I'd heard of it.
                        You don't get out much? Never been to Europe, I'm thinking. Definitely not a Catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by noname762 View Post
                          If that's the case I hope Rudy got out safely.

Comment

Originally posted by flashguy View Post
                            You don't get out much? Never been to Europe, I'm thinking. Definitely not a Catholic.
                            Nope never been to Europe. Always wanted to see where D Day took place. Holland too and all the museums England has to offer. Anyone here ever hit the Chieftain's Hatch?? Terrific website. Another great site is Lindsey Beige an oddball Englishman. Prone to Southern Baptist too. Yeah I prefer to stick close to home as well.

I've had my adventures. Been to 11 states. Never been east of the Mississippi. Been to Canada a few times when little and the last time in 1991. If any of y'all ever find yourself up that way stop anywhere they have hot food and get yourselves a passle of Pigs in a Blanket!! Gramma and cousins always made these during holidays and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Reb View Post

If that's the case I hope Rudy got out safely.
                              Who's Rudy??

Comment

Working...
                              X