X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convicted Felon Everyday Carry (EDC)

His bio:
    https://www.bonetactical.com/greg-tambone-bio.html
    I have a Right to my Life; I have a Right to the Fruits of my Labor. If you concede the principle of the Income Tax, you concede the principle that the government owns ALL your income and permits you to keep a certain percentage of it.
    ─Ron Paul, interview by Time on Sep 17, 2009.

You know what? I am in favor actively disobeying every single infringement. I absolutely DNGAF. I am quite tired of constantly having either my rights,my livelihood or both called into question every time someone who's job security exceeds their competency and who's ideological bent Trump's against any oath to Uphold And Defend The Constitution Of The United States.
    I am in no mood to cooperate with anyone-private sector or public sector--demanding my disarmament.
    If a convicted felon is " too dangerous to have their rights restored on completion of sentence/parole/probation" why ever let them out? And then use THAT standard to demand constant investigation of the rest of us?
    Nope. No offense intended to any current or former LEOs or COs here,but if your current crop moves on me ;I am completely OK with maiming or killing them. And taking their gear to go for the rest of the response element. Maybe even roll up the chain of command..
    Quite simply put :I don't have any residual respect for or regard for anyone willing to carry out what I truly regard as an affront to the original intent of the Founders.
    Does that make me a cop hater? I don't feel like one. But if they act on the orders of people I genuinely DO hate? It's all good.
    Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
      You know what? I am in favor actively disobeying every single infringement. I absolutely DNGAF. I am quite tired of constantly having either my rights,my livelihood or both called into question every time someone who's job security exceeds their competency and who's ideological bent Trump's against any oath to Uphold And Defend The Constitution Of The United States.
      I am in no mood to cooperate with anyone-private sector or public sector--demanding my disarmament.
      If a convicted felon is " too dangerous to have their rights restored on completion of sentence/parole/probation" why ever let them out? And then use THAT standard to demand constant investigation of the rest of us?
      Nope. No offense intended to any current or former LEOs or COs here,but if your current crop moves on me ;I am completely OK with maiming or killing them. And taking their gear to go for the rest of the response element. Maybe even roll up the chain of command..
      Quite simply put :I don't have any residual respect for or regard for anyone willing to carry out what I truly regard as an affront to the original intent of the Founders.
      Does that make me a cop hater? I don't feel like one. But if they act on the orders of people I genuinely DO hate? It's all good.
      I guess That I'm going to have to second that.

If someone has served their time then that should be it. They should then be fully restored to their rights and responsibilities as American Citizens. This idea that you can create another class of citizen under law is just as corrosive to our Constitution as the Left's argument that the Unborn and the Newly Born's rights under the Constitution are up for grabs. Our founders thought it prudent to err on the side of liberty. We must also allow for the reality of human error in order to preserve the greater asset of liberty which itself fosters virtue. Virtue's natural habitat is freedom. Virtue cannot be coerced. It must germinate in each and every one us.

Restore the rights and responsibilities and with that comes the dignity that must be reclaimed by living every day after as an American Citizen. If we are to return to the vision of our Founding Fathers and make real the adherence to Natural Law as the guiding principle to attain our perfect union then we must each of us rise to the attainment of that principle. Balkanizations of us by our system of governance only serve to hold us back. If we are going to argue for an emancipation from tyranny then he had best get our understanding straight as to what that tyranny is and what it encompasses.

Comment

Capital punishment for capital crimes, restitution for economic crimes. Convicted murderers, rapists, kidnappers should not go free.
        I have a Right to my Life; I have a Right to the Fruits of my Labor. If you concede the principle of the Income Tax, you concede the principle that the government owns ALL your income and permits you to keep a certain percentage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
          Well said! That's exactly where I've been on this forever. If they are too dangerous to live in society with the rights given us by God, then keep them in lockup. If they have "paid their debt to society" then the bill is paid in full. Leave them alone and let them live their lives as is their right as citizens.
          Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

Legal sleight of hand has a tendency of uaius the " process" to turn misdemeanors into felons, simply for the purpose of advancing the agenda: to remove the right to keep and bear arms from as many people as possible.
            Even someone guilty of nothing approaching a " crime against people"(or even a crime period)can be turned into a " criminal" simply by being" deemed a Prohibited Person" and choosing to not comply.
            And ,FWIW if and when that occurs;how could I criticize him or her for violently and decisively resisting such an infringement? And why should I have sympathy for said badge holder not " making it to the end of the shift"?
            These are points of interest. And should be. All these steadily increasing attacks on us are carried out by people who were once thought to " have a shared belief with us". I hate saying this,but that ship not only sailed it sunk to the bottom when things like law enforcement exemption was more broadly placed to secure the backing of the CLEOs...and also consider the hiring process. How and who they hire. Look at the FRB in Massachusetts. Or the Department of Safety in NH. Or other states once deemed pro 2A...Floriduh anyone? VT?
            And this is before we even consider the West Coast or NY/NJ.. politicians appoint those tasked with the hiring process. And select for " political reliability" much like the old Soviet Zampolit or the Apparatchik...Attorney General anyone? Federal or State,I am not hopeful.
            Gregory Peter DuPont

Comment

There are far too many felonies out there to deprive everyone of the 2A who has been convicted of one. People who can't be shown to be a threat to society should be able to restore their rights. Since that is not currently the case, I take no issue with someone carrying legal black powder weapons. It's a decent choice for someone who can't own a modern gun.
              How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

As someone who spent thirty years in law enforcement in assorted assignments and have dealt personally with at least hundreds of convicts and inmates, I feel that I am better able to have an informed opinion about that than the average American. So, here goes!

If a person has been convicted and sentenced for committing a crime and if that same person has completed their sentence and released from prison, they should have NO limitations on their Rights! There, I said it! Yeah, I've felt that way for many years. Prison is the punishment. How many of you have ever sat in on a criminal court case? Something that always bothered me, was the jury finds the person guilty as charged. The Judge decides the sentence and the person is gone to prison. In thirty years, I have NEVER heard a Judge sentence the person to x number of years PLUS the loss of certain Constitutional Rights. Not once, ever.

Furthermore, regarding the "Sex Offenders List". Bad and wrong! A sex offender attacked a woman or child or even a man and did bad nasty things to them. Like the old song said "Bailiff, whack his pee pee" and send him/her to prison for an appropriate amount of time. However, do away with the "Sex Offenders List". Why? Simple. If the person is "rehabilitated", why keep him/her on a list after they're released? If the person is not rehabilitated, why did they release him/her in the first place? Think about this: Somebody robs a bank, kills the bank guard, gets caught and sentenced to 25 years in prison. Are they on a list when they get released? Why not. They killed somebody while the sex offender "only" did nasty things to their victim. They need to remove the stigma with going to prison so the person has a chance to succeed in society after they get released. I'm not talking about purging his/her criminal record, just cancelling the Rights losses and stigma.

I'll even go a step further since I'm venting anyway. The Domestic Violence Law will take away your 2nd Amendment Right if you're convicted.....for a Misdemeanor! It's not even a Felony. Plus, it's retroactive! If you were convicted for it twenty years ago, you'll still loose your Right. That's like saying "yeah, I know the speed limit was fifty all down this road up until last night. Today it's only twenty five and even though you're only doing twenty five. I'm writing you this ticket because I saw you yesterday doing fifty.

Lastly, society should give up on the idea that criminals can be rehabilitated. Most of them can't be because their crimes were not manifestations of an illness. Rehabilitation is for those who are or have been ill, either physically or mentally. There are only two ways to decrease the prison population in America. Educate the young and allow prison to be punishment. I'm not talking about abuse or anything like that but take away the country club stuff. Interestingly, a lot of front line LEO troops feel the same way about all of the above.

Comment

The matter of Liberty is near and dear to my heart but I'm also starting to look at the video from a different angle. I don't know anything verifiable about the individual who claims to be a convicted felon. I don't know if his personal story is accurate or a total fabrication. If I were in Law Enforcement and I wanted ex felons to make it real easy for me to re-arrest them, not to mention boost my standing in my agency vis a vis Asset Forfeiture, I would put out a video very much like this.

Let's start with notion that a convicted felon may carry a black powder revolver. It's true that it's not legally a firearm under federal and most state laws. That changes, however, when you load it. When it can discharge a bullet, it's a firearm. A felon would then be in illegal possession. In some states, the act of loading a black powder pistol or revolver necessitates that weapon have a serial #, be registered, and the possessor of the weapon be licensed to carry a handgun. Carrying said weapon loaded in a "concealed fashion" is definitely a felony. Carrying said weapon unloaded in a concealed fashion may be a crime and definitely constitutes a Reasonable Suspicion that the person carrying said device: has committed a crime, is committing a crime, or is about to commit a crime. If the unloaded device upon examination shows signs of having been fired then police may be able to detain and confiscate. If it can be determined that device in the possession of a convicted felon has been fired then they may have a case for new felonies.

Then there is that advice for the ex-felon to dig themselves a deeper hole by hiding the device / weapon. If the police are on the scene and are detaining a suspect and are Looking for a Weapon then they are going to check the bushes or any other likely place of concealment. They may bring in dogs. If they find the device / weapon with or without being bundled in an article of clothing with the ex-felon's DNA throughout then they can add on the additional charges. The fingerprints on the device / weapon will speak for itself...Not good!

Adding all those knives, including a machete like sidearm and if the "perp" so much as flinches while being approached by police, the officers can empty their magazines into that individual from thirty feet away and be totally justified doing it!

The "STASH" was a nice touch. If your an ex-felon and you are going about heavily armed with concealed weapons and in a manner that arouses reasonable suspicion then carrying large amounts of cash on your person is just going to be icing on the cake. And if your driving a vehicle of any value that will be confiscated too.

Comment

Have to disagree with Mac. Pedophiles are a different category and the recidivism rate is reported as quite high. Just google Recidivism of pedophiles.

https://www2.gwu.edu/~ccps/etzioni/B388.html

https://johnhoward.ab.ca/docs/sxoffend/sexoffr.pdf

Even psychiatrists state they rarely are really "rehabilitated"...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBob View Post
                      Have to disagree with Mac. Pedophiles are a different category and the recidivism rate is reported as quite high. Just google Recidivism of pedophiles.

As Howard Phillips from the Constitution Party said, Capital punishment for Capital Crimes. Rapists, murderers, kidnappers, and certainly pedos would fall in this camp. Therefore there would be no one to release since the punishment would be final.

Comment

I have to agree. That which lights your fire is what lights your fire. Be you Hetero, Pedo, Queer, Lesbian, an S/M advocate, Necrophile, or whatever else.

I'm a cisgendered male. Nothing anyone does to punish me or "re-educate" me is going to make me turn to a Queer, a Pedo, or anything else. I figure they are the same, which means that some pervs need to be nipped in the bud and either sent to prison for life or eliminated from the gene pool. Some others of them I could care less about, as long as they go home, shut the windows and pull the curtains, and don't try to tell me about it, but if they want to talk to me about it, I'm going to go Old Testament on them.

Just saying...............

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Regarding the restoration of 2A rights, I agree, except with maybe a probation period where the ex-felon must remain conviction free for a specified period of time.

However, this whole premise that carrying a cap and ball revolver or other similar weapon is legal is simply not true. These antique and reproduction-antique weapons are not considered firearms only with respect to purchasing them through the "mail" and having them shipped directly to the end user. But once you load them, they become just as much a firearm as a Glock or any other "modern" weapon.
                          Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Why are you disagreeing with me? I think we just said the same thing!!!! I said:
                            """"If the person is "rehabilitated", why keep him/her on a list after they're released? If the person is not rehabilitated, why did they release him/her in the first place?""""
                            I think the second sentence says it all. Yeah, I know about the recidivism rate of Chomo's. In thirty years, I've dealt with a few of the same ones over and over again because the courts keep letting them out because some idiot psych liberal states that they are "rehabilitated". Guaranteed that if you suggested that they let that person babysit their kids, it would be a different story. Many of them are killed in prison and many of them have their "manly" ruined forever. (Think about it) The recidivism rate for them is ZERO. The courts know it too but keep letting them out. Personally, I would have their testicles removed for the first offense. If they choose to get Testosterone injections to make up for it, the second offense is death.

Comment

Working...
                            X