• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Justices?

See below

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...iberal-judges/
    Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Dems Latest Scheme: ‘Balance’ Supreme Court by Adding Two Liberal Judges
    Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

It's been tried before and failed. I seriously doubt another such effort will succeed.
      When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Comment

Originally posted by flashguy View Post
        It's been tried before and failed. I seriously doubt another such effort will succeed.
        YEA.......I am thinking that Constitutionally........it does not work that way!!! But they will give up at nothing!
        And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Rev. Chap.20 Vs.4)

Comment

These idiots don't realize just how pathetic they are. It's like being in a big game with the clock winding down, and you call a time out to demand the score be evened up so you have a chance to win.
          Media vita in morte sumus

Comment

IS IT time to VOTE FROM THE ROOFTOPS yet????????????
            AT one time I did... unbelievable things for this country without question, because it was my country and right. NOW, my country, that country, no longer exists and I now I feel I am the Philip Nolan of my age.
            God carries a 1911.
            Just another day towards 20...

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post

YEA.......I am thinking that Constitutionally........it does not work that way!!! But they will give up at nothing!
              I'm not certain that the number of Supreme Court justices is actually called out in the Constitution. I seem to remember that back during the great depression, when FDR was trying to implement all of his changes, like WPA and such, there was a lawsuit filed to stop him. It went all the way to the Supremes, who, at the time were trending towards finding AGAINST FDR. FDR told them, if they didn't shape up, that he would just appoint more justices that would commit to voting his way until he had enough votes to win the case. There was a sort of stand-off for a while until the justices blinked. (Kind of like the most recent case with justice Roberts and the ACA tax/penalty, and we know how that went.)

I believe the number of justices has just become a sort of tradition since then.

Somebody straighten me out if I'm wrong.

REGARDLESS, if the dems did somehow get the number of justices increased, considering that the justices must be nominated by the president (and THAT is in the Constitution) it would just give Trump the opportunity to make more conservative appointments.

But the dems will try ANYTHING to get on top, even if completely tears down the entire fabric of out society, i.e. the Constitution. So I agree with LAWCOP....it's getting to be just about time!
              Freedom Of Speech does not include freedom from consequences.

When riding a horse, remember that you are not in control, but are just another voting member.

Comment

Even FDR failed in his attempts to pack the court, so I doubt they would succeed.
                Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. - KJV 2 Cor 3:17

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLK

Molon Labe

Hate is no substitute for love, nor passion truth.

Comment

I saw a proposal somewhere a while back that I really liked.

Expand the Supreme Court to 59 Members. Nine are appointed by the President, and one is appointed by the Governor of each State, with the Advice and Consent of the State Senate.

Works for me, and it's a good use of Federalism.

Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson101 View Post
                    I saw a proposal somewhere a while back that I really liked.

Expand the Supreme Court to 59 Members. Nine are appointed by the President, and one is appointed by the Governor of each State, with the Advice and Consent of the State Senate.

Works for me, and it's a good use of Federalism.
                    That sounds more like the Israeli Knesset. Now that is if you want to watch something amusing........................................... ......

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk45 View Post

That sounds more like the Israeli Knesset. Now that is if you want to watch something amusing........................................... ......
                      They don't screw things up nearly as regularly as our Supreme Court does, though. Not accomplishing anything is a virtue when it involves Government, now isn't it?

Just saying................
                      Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.) Old German Folk Wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                      X