Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herr Walthers Lisl - The Amazing Belgian Malinois

Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. - Samuel Johnson

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Another good one

Comment

Herr Walther's is WAY prettier!

Speaking of which I figure it is about time for new pictures. Since I had to put down my Great Dane, I miss a BIG dog in my life. I got to bend over way too much to play with this noisy Corgi the daughter left here for me.

Comment

I hear you, Hawk. This is the first time in over 40 years that I haven't had an English pointer to hunt over or had a yellow Lab by my side. I think one would be good since I have plenty of time on my hands.

Comment

Lab-pit mix makes a great dog, stronger than a lab, but more lab like in mentality. But they also have lab energy, which means that owning a young is basically a job in itself.
          How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

I wish I could count how many shoes and garden hoses (hose pipes for the southerners here) I've had chewed up by young labs. They are the chewing-est dogs I've ever been around. They grow out of it in about 6 to 8 months but you best not leave them alone with anything they can chew up before that age. You would think they would have a hard mouth but I have yet to have a single feather broken on a duck they retrieved. I've had pointers that would bite a quail in half when retrieving. I had to break them by using a spiked harness on birds when training them.

Comment

Originally posted by Reb View Post
              I wish I could count how many shoes and garden hoses (hose pipes for the southerners here) I've had chewed up by young labs. They are the chewing-est dogs I've ever been around. They grow out of it in about 6 to 8 months but you best not leave them alone with anything they can chew up before that age. You would think they would have a hard mouth but I have yet to have a single feather broken on a duck they retrieved. I've had pointers that would bite a quail in half when retrieving. I had to break them by using a spiked harness on birds when training them.
              I left mine at my mother's house once, and he ate the whole center out of her king sized bed (he was 5 years old).... Good thing she loved that dog!!!!

But yeah, young Labs will chew everything to pieces and smile about it.
              How miserable that man is that governs a People where six parts of seven at least are poor, indebted, discontented, and armed. - William Berkley... Royal Governor of the Colony of Virginia (1670'ish).

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Shark View Post

I left mine at my mother's house once, and he ate the whole center out of her king sized bed (he was 5 years old).... Good thing she loved that dog!!!!

But yeah, young Labs will chew everything to pieces and smile about it.
                Yep. That sounds like a lab.

Comment

That is some pretty amazing training. They're certainly agile dogs and as popular as GSD'S for police work.
                  Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation...Strategic Air Command

American by birth, made from German parts from Emmingen, Baden-Württemberg

An unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!

Das Leben ist zu kurz, um billiges Bier zu trinken!

Comment

No wonder they're the choice of so many police K9 units -- the superheros of the dog world.
                    Media vita in morte sumus

Comment

They are also the choice of the Navy SEALs.

Comment

I was watching some cop show here recently and there were a couple of good dog chases. In the first one, the perp bails from the stolen car and runs off into a sugar cane field. The cop turns his dog loose on him and about ten seconds later, you hear the dog going crazy and the guy screaming. Then the cop shouts at him "Come out of there....and bring my dog with you"! I thought that was hilarious. Then tonight, a perp ran from his crashed stolen car and the cop...who was by himself... put his dog on him. But, then the cop finds that the perps partner is still in the car. So he cuffs him and keeps yelling encouragement to his dog who is now out of sight after the runner. Then, he hears his dog yelp. So he gets the cuffed guy out and makes him run after the other guy so he can help his dog. He finds his dog with the bad guy..who's kind of chewed up by now and all is well. The cuffed guy who had to run in front of the cop just kind of laid down on the ground wheezing, probably mostly because he was cuffed in the back but he was kind of out of shape looking too. When they first started, he was whimpering "Don't shoot me. Please don't shoot me". By the end, it sounded like "Just shoot me. Please just shoot me". Heh heh.

Comment

Working...
                        X